Just having a look at the Technology section of the Google Trends is more than enough for you to know that the whole damn world wants to connect to those n number of Wi-Fi connections we see in our Found Networks screen. And the catch is without the password! So, seeing this thing in ever trending stats, I thought of penning down this thing and let you help you get what you want? And your solution is WPS!
WPS – one more Tech jargon acronym😣
WPS(WiFi Protected Setup) is the most popular technique that can be used to connect to a router. This technology was established for those devices which did not have the display interface like our old printers, WiFi repeaters, and IOT devices. I mean, just think how do printers get connected to a network? You surely ain’t gonna type in your password on your printer! That is where WPS comes to save the day!
But the real catch here is that most of the Android and Windows computer also support it.
Also Read : Samsung Galaxy S9 Retail Box Leaked with Specs
How to use WPS?
To connect your android smartphone with WiFi router using the feature you need to follow these steps :
- Go to Settings>Network and Internet>WiFi
- Scroll down and look for WiFi preference option and tap on Advanced Settings.
- In the Advance Settings try to find “WiFi Push button” or “WPS Push Button” tap on that.
- Now go to the WiFi router, and press the WPS button (you can find that button at the back of the router).
- As soon as you press the button, within a few momentsAndroidndroid device will connect to your WiFi network without any password
NOTE: SOME WPS ROUTER CAN ALSO CONNECT USING 8 DIGIT PIN THAT CAN FOUND ON A STICKER ONTO THE ROUTER. THAT CAN BE USED AS WIFI PASSWORD.
Uses of It:
Sometimes we can forget our own password so this can help you get back into the router and change the WiFi password.
The PIN is only 8 digits long so it’s fairly easy for a hacker to hack it or crack it. If you are not using it then you can disable it from the router settings.
It works only when both the devices support it. While most of the devices do support it. But in some routers, you might not find a WPS button.
- Easy access without any password.
- If you try to keep yourself aware of data theft or packet monitoring by others than it will be an advice to disable it from the router settings.