We all love YouTube, after all, it’s the second largest search engine in the world. We access it from a number of devices, including but not limited to PCs, Tablets or Phones. Now with a PC or a Laptop, one can easily listen to a YouTube video instead of watching it. All he has to do is to press the “minimize” button. But with phones or tablets, that’s not the case. The YouTube app that comes with Android, doesn’t support this. As soon as we press the home button, the video pauses and then we move to the home screen. Not to worry, that’s what we are here for. Today we will show you how to play YouTube in the background, that too without installing any additional software.
Also Read : Bypass Blocked Sites WITHOUT ANY SOFTWARE!
Play YouTube in the Background: Requirements
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- YouTube App(Optional)
- Chrome App(Recommended, comes pre-installed with Android)
Play Youtube in the Background: Procedure
Part A: Obtaining link of the YouTube Video(Optional)
- Open YouTube App on your phone. And open the video you would like to listen to.
- You should see a share button, just below the video. Click on it.
- You should now see a list of ways to share the link for the video, however, we are interested in the “copy link” option. So, click on the “copy link” option.
- You can close the app now and move to Part B.
Call yourself an Electronics guy? You ought to read this : Arduino UNO – Know your Board!
Part B: Playing YouTube in the Background
- Open up Chrome App now and click on the 3-dot settings panel on the top right corner.
- Now check the “Request desktop site” option.
- In the address bar, paste the URL of the video we got from Part A and hit Enter. This should open up youtube website as seen on a PC or a laptop.
- Click the play button, if the video doesn’t start playing already. And now your video should start playing.
- You can now press the home button to move to your home screen. If the video stops, drop down the notification panel and hit “Play” button. You can also turn the screen off now. If the autoplay option is enabled, the next video should be played automatically.